Are you planning a trip to a foreign country? Then you are most likely required to hold a passport. If you do not have one, it is easy to obtain. All you need is to go to the issuing authority and fill in an application. You also have to submit a few documents along with 2 passport photos. MyPassportPhotos can help you get those photos with little to no effort.
Furthermore, if you also need a visa for your trip, we suggest that you take a look at iVisa.com. They can help you find out whether or not you are eligible for an electronic visa. If you are, iVisa can facilitate the online application process so that you do not make too much of an effort.
Here are the Solomon Islands passport photo requirements:
- Required photo size: between 51 and 64 mm in height and 38 and 50 in width
- The pictures you submit must be in color
- Head position: straight
- Must not be older than 6 months
- Background: white
- Smile: no
- Eyes: must not be obscured by anything
- Make sure that your passport photos are not blurry
- Glasses: acceptable under certain conditions
- Headwear: not allowed. Exceptions are made for religious/cultural purposes
- Resolution (pixels): at least 600 dpi
- Dress code: make sure that your clothes are in contrast with the background. Do not wear white tops
- Beard: permitted if it represents your everyday appearance
- Number of photos necessary: 2
Solomon Islands Passport Photos and Visa Photo Requirements – Rules, Guidelines, and Specifications
Knowing the Solomon Islands passport photo requirements above is not enough. You must also know the rules and guidelines for taking a valid picture. Fortunately, we listed them all below so that you are well informed.
- When you take your passport photo or visa photo, you must position yourself in front of a white wall so that the background of your picture is white. Don’t worry if you do not have white walls in your house. A white sheet that is not see-through will work just as well. Just make sure that your background is free of colors, patterns, and shadows.
- The lighting should not be too bright or too dark. Also, choose a frontal source of light so that you do not end up with shadows on your face.
- Make sure that you appear in your passport photo or visa photo with your head straight and face forward. It is important to know that both sides of your face must be equally visible, so do not rotate your head in any direction. If you submit a portrait-style picture, it will be rejected.
- The only acceptable facial expression in your passport photo or visa photo is neutral. Do not smile, frown, raise your brows, or squint.
- Please remove your glasses before taking your picture. The only situation in which you can keep the is if the frames are discreet (transparent), and there is no flash reflection in the photo. As you can imagine, sunglasses and eyeglasses equipped with tinted lenses are not permitted.
- The general rule states that people cannot take their passport photos or visa photos with their heads covered. Nevertheless, if your religion compels you to cover your head, you can keep your headwear for the picture. But make sure that your face can be seen from top to bottom and that you do not have shadows on your face from your headwear.
- If you have facial hair on a regular basis, you do not have to shave it for your passport photo or visa photo. But if you plan on making any changes to it, please do so before you take your picture.
Rules and Requirements for Babies, Infants, and Newborn Passport and Visa Photos
Children need to have their own travel documents, which is why you will need pictures for them too. Below, you will find a few tips that should help you in the process of photographing kids.
- Children’s eyes must be visible as well, which is why you must photograph them when they are awake.
-Your child must appear in his/her passport photo or visa photo alone. If you want to hold your baby during the photo session, make sure that not even your hands are visible.
- The child cannot appear with headwear or a pacifier. Make sure to remove them before taking the photo.
-Lots of parents choose to photograph their babies from above while they lay on their backs. If you want to do the same, remember to put a white sheet underneath the child to ensure a white background.
- In case you want to put the baby in a car seat and take the photo, do not forget to cover the backrest of the chair with a white layer. Once again, the background has to be white.
Price and Cost
The cost of obtaining your passport photos or visa photos online is not at all high. In fact, you will spend less money than if you would go to a photo studio. A Solomon Islands passport implies 2 passport photos, and we can give them to you for only $5.99, which is about 49.50 SBD.
How to get Solomon Islands Passport Photos or Solomon Islands Visa Photos Online
Now that you have all the information you need, let’s get to actually taking your picture, shall we? All you must have is a camera that has a decent resolution. The one from your smartphone or tablet should do just fine.
With your camera, take your photo. But remember to follow all the rules we laid out for you above. Once you have a picture that you like, you can submit it to MyPassportPhotos so that we can turn it into a government-compliant passport photo. After that, you will be presented with two options:
- 1.You can download the image to print your own photos. That requires photo-quality paper.
- 2.Give us an address, and we will make sure that the pictures reach you as fast as possible.
For further information about MyPassportPhotos and our services, do not hesitate to contact our customer support.
Example of a correct photo