When you want to apply for a Saudi Arabia passport, you must put together a few documents and fill in an application at the issuing authority. Among those documents, you will see that there are 2 passport photos, and that is something MyPassportPhotos can help you with. Instead of going to a photo studio to have them take, take your picture at home, and MyPassportPhotos will process it so that it is 100% government complaint.
International travel often involves a visa application process as well, and that is something iVisa.com can help you with. If you are eligible for an electronic visa, iVisa ensures a fast and easy online visa application process.
The specifications for a Saudi Arabia passport photo are as follows:
- Required photo size: 2 inches in height and 2 inches in width
- Colored pictures are necessary. Not black and white.
- Head position: keep your head straight and face forward
- Must not be older than 6 months
- Background: white
- Smile: no
- Eyes: clearly visible
- Blurry photos are rejected
- Glasses: acceptable under certain conditions
- Headwear: allowed for religious purposes
- Resolution (pixels): at least 600 dpi
- Dress code: clothes must be in contrast with the background. Do not wear white clothes
- Beard: permitted if it represents your everyday likeness
- Number of photos necessary: 2
Saudi Arabia Passport Photos and Visa Photo Requirements – Rules, Guidelines, and Specifications
Now that you know the Saudi Arabia passport photo specifications, we are going to tell you about the guidelines you have to follow when you take your own passport photo or visa photo. Keep in mind that submitting an inadequate picture will lead to rejection. Follow the rules below, and that will not happen.
- Take your picture against a white background. It cannot have colors, patterns, or even shadows. If you do not have a white wall in your house, do not worry. You can use a white sheet that is not see-through.
- The lighting in the environment in which you take your picture must not be too dark or too bright. Also, make sure that the source of light is right in front of you so that you can avoid having shadows on your face.
- When you get ready to take the picture, make sure that your head is straight and that your face is perpendicular to the camera. It’s essential to do so as both sides of your face must be visible. Portrait-style pictures are not accepted.
- You are not allowed to smile in your passport photo or visa photo. The only facial expression you can display is neutral. To achieve that, relax your face when snapping the picture.
- There can be nothing that obstructs your eyes. Prescription glasses are permitted. However, only if the frames are not too large, and there is no flash reflection in the picture. Naturally, you cannot take your passport photo wearing sunglasses or glasses that have tinted lenses.
- Headwear is, of course, allowed for religious purposes. But there are a couple of rules here as well. For one, your face must be visible from the bottom of your chin to the top of your forehead. And two, your headwear must not cast shadows on your face.
- You are not obligated to shave your beard if that is something that represents your everyday likeness. However, if you plan on making changes regarding your facial hair, you should do them before you take your passport photo or visa photo. The picture must depict your current appearance.
Rules and Requirements for Babies, Infants, and Newborn Passport and Visa Photos
Since children need to hold their own travel document, you must get passports and visas for them too when you want to travel together. MyPassportPhotos can help you get pictures for your children also. We even have a few tips for you below.
- You must photograph your child when he/she is awake because the eyes must be visible.
- Many parents choose to take the photo of their child in a car seat. It is a matter of comfort. In case you want to do the same, remember to cover the backrest of the chair with a white cloth to ensure a white background.
- For the same background purposes, you have to place a white layer underneath your infant if you want to take the photo from above while he/she lays on his/her back.
- You cannot appear in the passport photo or visa photo of your child, even if you hold him/her. In fact, not even your hands can be visible.
- You are required to remove your child’s pacifier and headwear during the photo session. Religious reasons still apply.
Price and Cost
If you want to get your passport photo or visa photo online with MyPassportPhotos, you will notice that it’s more convenient. But it is also a lot cheaper. For a Saudi Arabia passport photo, you are going to need a set of 2 pictures.
When you use MyPassportPhotos, you will spend only $5.99 for them. That is approximately 22.50 SAR. It depends on the currency exchange rate on the day of your order.
How to get Saudi Arabia Passport Photos or Saudi Arabia Visa Photos Online
Using the services provided by MyPassportPhotos is not at all problematic. All you will need is a decent camera. The one from your smartphone or tablet will do just fine.
In the process of taking your passport photo or visa photo, please remember to follow the guidelines above. As soon as you have one picture that you love, you must submit it to MyPassportPhotos for processing. That is when we make sure that you end up with a government-compliant passport photo.
After processing, you will be presented with two options. One, you can download the photo to print it yourself, in which case you are going to need photo-quality paper. And two, you can give us your address, and the pictures will reach you in a couple of days. It is as simple as that.
Do you need more information? Do not hesitate to contact MyPassportPhotos’ customer support service. We are more than happy to answer any questions you may have.
Example of a correct photo