Are you planning a trip outside of Rwanda and getting ready to apply for a passport? Then you already know that the application process involves you going to the issuing authority to fill in an application and submit some documents. You are also asked to provide 2 passport photos, and that is something MyPassportPhotos can assist you with. Just take your picture at home, and MyPassportPhotos will turn it into a government-compliant passport photo.
When you travel to a foreign country, chances are that you need a visa as well. In that case, you should visit iVisa.com. Depending on where you want to go, you may be eligible for an electronic visa. If that is the case, iVisa ensures a smooth and fast online application process.
The Rwanda passport photo requirements are as follows:
- Required photo size: 40 mm in height and 40 mm in width
- Colored pictures are necessary. Not black and white.
- Head position: your head straight must be straight
- Must not be older than 6 months
- Background: white
- Smile: no
- Eyes: clearly visible
- Blurry photos are rejected
- Glasses: acceptable under certain conditions
- Headwear: not allowed. Exceptions are made for religious purposes
- Resolution (pixels): at least 600 dpi
- Dress code: clothes must be in contrast with the background. Do not wear white tops
- Beard: allowed if it represents your everyday likeness
- Number of photos necessary: 2
Rwanda Passport Photos and Visa Photo Requirements – Rules, Guidelines, and Specifications
Taking your own passport photo or visa photo is not a complicated task. All you have to do is to pay attention to the rules and guidelines that we provide for you below. Remember that an inadequate passport photo is often the cause of rejection, and we want you to avoid that. Here is what you must know before you take your photograph:
- When you take your own passport photo or visa photo, you must place yourself against a white wall so that the background is white. Most people use a white wall as the ideal setting, but if you do not have one around, don’t worry. Take a white sheet and hang it on the wall. Remember that patterns and shadows are not acceptable in the background, either.
- The source of light should be in front of you so that you do not have shadows on your face. The lighting must have the right intensity as well.
- Your head must appear straight in your passport photo or visa photo. Keep your face forward, and do not rotate your head in any direction. You should know that if you submit a portrait-style photo, it will be rejected. Both sides of your face must be equally visible.
- The only permitted facial expression in a passport photo or visa photo is neutral. Relax your face when you take the picture to achieve that.
- Your eyes must be perfectly visible. Take your hair away from your face and remove your glasses if the frames are too large. When you wear glasses with clear frames, you can keep them on for the picture, but remember that glare is not permitted in the shot. You cannot take your passport photo wearing sunglasses or eyeglasses equipped with tinted lenses.
- Headwear is allowed under exceptional circumstances. If your religion does not allow you to keep your head uncovered, your headwear is acceptable in the passport photo or visa photo. Even so, the headwear must not create shadows on your face. Plus, your face must be seen from the bottom of your chin to the top of your forehead.
- Facial hair is allowed in a passport photo or visa photo. As long as your beard represents your everyday look, you can keep it for the picture.
Rules and Requirements for Babies, Infants, and Newborn Passport and Visa Photos
Children of all ages are required to hold their own travel documents, which is why you must get passports and visas for them too when traveling together. MyPassportPhotos can help with the pictures in this case also. Here are some tips for you:
- Take the photo of your child when he/she is awake. The eyes must be visible.
- Remove your baby’s headwear, pacifier, toys, or any other objects from the shot.
- Photographing your child in a car seat requires you to cover the backrest of the chair with a white layer so that the background of the photo come out white.
- Photographing your infant from above while he/she is in the lying down position means that you have to place a white sheet underneath.
- Only your child can appear in his/her passport photo or visa photo. When you hold the baby for the picture, conceal every part of you. Even your hands.
Price and Cost
The cost of getting your passport photo or visa photos with MyPassportPhotos is not at all high. In fact, it is cheaper to get your pictures online than going to a professional photo studio. A Rwanda passport requires 2 pictures. With MyPassportPhotos, you can have them for only $5.99, which is approximately 5,597 RWF.
How to get Rwanda Passport Photos or Rwanda Visa Photos Online
Are you prepared to take your passport photo at home? Below, you will learn what happens when you do that with MyPassportPhotos.
Using the camera from a smartphone or tablet, take your picture. Just make sure to take into account all the rules and guidelines we discussed above. As soon as you have a photo that you are pleased with, you are required to submit it to MyPassportPhotos. You can send it to us via e-mail. Or you can upload it directly on MyPassportPhotos’ website.
Whichever is more convenient for you.
Once we process your photo so that it is 100% government compliant, we will give you two options:
- 1.You can download the processed image to print it yourself. Just make sure to have photo-quality paper.
- 2.Give us your address, and we will send you a package containing your passport photos.
For further information, feel free to contact MyPassportPhotos’ customer support service. We will happily assist you with any issue you may have.
Example of a correct photo