Are you getting ready for a trip to another country? Then you almost certainly need to get a passport before your trip. The application process should not be a challenge, but you have to make sure that you have all the necessary documents. Among them, you will notice that there are 2 passport photos, and that is something MyPassportPhotos can help you with. Instead of going to a photo studio to have them done, you can take your picture at home, and MyPassportPhotos will make sure that you have a set of government compliant passport photos.
You may also be interested in the services of iVisa.com if you want to travel abroad. Depending on where you want to go, you may qualify for an electronic visa, in which case iVisa can make the online application process a piece of cake.
Here are the general Nepal passport photo requirements:
- Required photo size: 45 mm in height and 35 mm in width
- The photo must be in color
- Head position: keep your head straight
- Must not be older than 6 months
- Background: white
- Smile: no
- Eyes: clearly visible
- Do not submit a blurry passport photo
- Glasses: acceptable in certain circumstances
- Headwear: not allowed. Exceptions are made for religious purposes
- Resolution (pixels): at least 600 dpi
- Dress code: clothes must be in contrast with the background. Do not wear a white shirt
- Beard: permitted if it represents your everyday appearance
- Number of photos necessary: 2
Nepal Passport Photos and Visa Photo Requirements – Rules, Guidelines, and Specifications
Although we already listed the Nepal passport photo requirements, we fell that more instructions are necessary so that you manage to take a valid passport photo on your first try. Make sure to follow all the rules and guidelines we provide below. Otherwise, your passport photo will be rejected.
- Make sure that the background against which you take your picture is white. Not only must it be white, but it should also not include patterns and shadows. A lot of people take their passport photo or visa photo against a white wall. If you do not have access to one, you should take a white sheet that is not see-through and hang it on a wall. The result is basically the same.
- The lighting in the environment in which you want to take your picture must not be too bright or too dim. You should also go for a source that is right in front of you so that you can avoid shadows on your face.
- When you take your passport photo or visa photo, you must keep your head straight and your face forward. Place the camera at eye level for the best possible angle. Do not move your head in any direction since portrait-style photos are always turned down.
- When you take your picture, make sure to refrain from making any facial expressions other than neutral. You cannot smile, frown, raise your brows or squint.
- One of the most essential aspects that must be clearly depicted in a passport photo is your eyes. They should not be obscured by anything. You should remove your glasses before taking your picture if their frames are too large. If you keep them on, check the photo for flash reflection. As you can imagine, sunglasses and eyeglasses with tinted lenses are not allowed in a passport photo or visa photo.
- If you always cover your head for religious purposes, you are allowed to keep your headwear on when you take your passport photo or visa photo. However, your face must be visible from the bottom of your chin to the top of your forehead. Also, the headwear should not cast shadows on your face.
- If you have a beard as a part of your everyday appearance, you are not compelled to shave it off before you take your passport photo or visa photo.
Rules and Requirements for Babies, Infants, and Newborn Passport and Visa Photos
Did you know that children are required to hold their own travel documents when they travel internationally? That is why you must apply for passports and visas for them too. Rest assured that MyPassportPhotos can help you get their photos as well. Here are some useful tips.
- Take the picture of your child when he/she is awake because the eyes must be seeable.
- You have to remove the baby’s headwear, as well as the pacifier, before taking the passport photo or visa photo.
- Please note that if you want to hold the baby during the photo session, not even your hands can appear in the shot. Only the child.
- Many parents put their kids in a car seat to take their passport photos or visa photos because it is more comfortable. If you want to do the same, cover the backrest of the chair with a white sheet to achieve the necessary white background.
- When photographing your child from above while he/she lays on his/her back, remember to place a white layer underneath. Once again, the background needs to be white.
Price and Cost
When you get your passport photo or visa photos with MyPassportPhotos, you will be surprised at how little money you will spend. It is definitely cheaper than going to a professional photo studio. A Nepalese passport requires 2 pictures, and MyPassportPhotos can give them to you for only $5.99. That is approximately 733 NPR, depending on the exchange rate on the day of your purchase.
How to get Nepal Passport Photos or Nepal Visa Photos Online
Are you ready to take your passport photo with MyPassportPhotos? Then all you need is a decent camera and a few minutes of your time. If you think it is more convenient, you can use your smartphone or tablet to take your picture.
When you take your photo, keep in mind that you have to follow all the rules and guidelines we explained to you above. Failure to do so will lead to passport photo rejection. After you take a picture that you love, you have to submit it to MyPassportPhotos via e-mail or direct upload on the website. We will process it so that the image is government complaint, after which we give you two choices:
- Download the photo to print it at home.
- Give us your address, and we will send you the set in as little time as possible.
You should not experience any difficulties, but you can contact MyPassportPhotos’ customer support service if you have any questions.
Example of a correct photo