When you plan to take a trip to a foreign country, the first thing you have to do is to make sure that you have the necessary travel documents. For one thing, you have to acquire a Madagascar passport if you do not have one. Among the required documents for a passport, you will see that you are going to have to submit 2 passport photos, and MyPassportPhotos can help you get them without having to go to a photo studio. Convenient, right?
While we are talking about international travel, chances are that you need a visa as well, in which case you should check out iVisa.com. With their help, you can obtain an eVisa if you are eligible for one.
Here are the general Madagascar passport photo requirements:
- The required size of the photo: 51 mm in height and 51 mm in width
- The picture must be in color
- Head position: keep your head straight
- Recency: must be as recent as 6 months
- Background: white
- Smile: no
- Eyes: must not be obscured
- Do not submit a blurry passport photo
- Glasses: acceptable in certain circumstances. You should take them off, though
- Headgear: as a general rule, headwear is not permitted. Exceptions are made
- Resolution (pixels): at least 600 dpi
- Attire, clothing, dress code: wear clothes in contrast with the background. Take your earrings off
- Beard: allowed as long as it represents your everyday likeness
- Number of photos necessary for the application: 2
Madagascar Passport Photos and Visa Photo Requirements – Rules, Guidelines, and Specifications
Did you know that an improper passport photo is one of the most common causes of rejection when it comes to passport applications? We want you to avoid that, which is why we provide further details on some of the requirements we listed above.
- Finding the right environment in which you take your passport photo should not be hard. Just remember that the background needs to be plain white, without patterns or shadows. A white wall should suffice, but if that is not accessible for you, feel free to take a white sheet and hang it on a wall. As long as it is not transparent, it will do the trick.
- Please position the camera at eye level for the best possible exposure of your face. Do not tilt or rotate your head. Keep it straight when taking the picture. Remember that both sides of your face must be equally visible, which is why portrait-style photos are rejected.
- It is not acceptable for you to appear smiling in your passport photo. You can neither frown nor squint. In fact, the only acceptable facial expression is neutral. Make sure to relax the muscles of your face when you take your passport photo or visa photo.
- You are required to look straight into your camera when you take your passport photo so that your eyes are perfectly distinguishable. They should not be obstructed by anything. Remove your hair away from your face, as well as your glasses, if the frames are too large. When wearing discreet glasses, you can keep them on for the picture, but only if there is no glare in the passport photo. As you can imagine, you are not permitted to wear sunglasses and eyeglasses with tinted lenses in your passport photo or visa photo.
- Poor lighting can distort some of your facial features, which is why you should be careful about this aspect as well. Make sure that the light is not too bright or too dark. Choosing a frontal source is the best solution because it eliminates the chances of having shadows on your face.
- Headwear is not allowed in a passport photo or visa photo unless you are bound by your religion to cover your head at all times. This is the only exception made from the rule. However, you must make sure that your headwear does not cast shadows on your face. Also, your face must be visible from the top of your forehead to the bottom of your chin and from ear to ear.
- In case your beard is a part of your everyday appearance, you are not required to shave it off before taking your passport photo or visa photo.
Rules and Requirements for Babies, Infants, and Newborn Passport and Visa Photos
Did you know that children of all ages are required to hold their own travel documents? That is why you must apply for passports and visas for them too. MyPassportPhotos can help you with the photos here also. Here is what you should know about that.
- Your child has to be awake when you take his/her passport photo or visa photo. The eyes must be visible.
- You are required to remove your baby’s pacifier and headwear before taking the picture.
- Only the child can appear in the photo. So, if you decide that you want to hold the baby for the picture, make sure that even your hands are concealed.
- When taking the picture of your child while he/she sits in a car seat, you have to cover the backrest of the chair with a white sheet so that the background of the photo is white.
- If you want to photograph your kid from above while he/she lays on his/her back, you must place a white layer underneath.
Price and Cost
If you have ever used the services of a professional photo studio, then you already know how expensive it can be. With MyPassportPhotos, you will spend less money. A Madagascar passport requires 2 passport photos, and you can get them with MyPassportPhotos at the incredibly low price of $5.99. In MGA, that is about 22,473. The fee may be slightly different on the day of your order because of the exchange rates.
How to get Madagascar Passport Photos or Madagascar Visa Photos Online
Now that we covered the Madagascar passport photo requirements, we are going to show you just how easy it is to get your passport photos or visa photos online with MyPassportPhotos. All you need is a camera, and most people use the one from their smartphones or tablets.
With the camera you have, take your picture, making sure to follow the rules we talked about above. As soon as you have a photo that you like, you have to submit it to MyPassportPhotos so that we can turn it into a government-compliant passport photo. You can upload it directly on our website, or you can send it to us via e-mail. The choice is yours.
Once the photo is processed, we will provide you with two options:
- 1.Download the picture to print it yourself at home.
- 2.Give us your address, and we will send the passport photos to you.
Do you have any questions? Contact MyPassportPhotos’ customer support.
Example of a correct photo