One of the first things you have to do when you plan a trip to a foreign country is to make sure that you have the necessary documents. You may have to obtain a Lithuania passport before departure if you do not have one. While MyPassportPhotos cannot help you with the application process, we can make sure that you have the required passport photos. Our goal is to help you avoid a trip to a photo studio.
In case you need a visa as well, we recommend the services of iVisa.com. They can help you find out if you qualify for an electronic visa, and if that is the case, iVisa helps you with the online application process so that your effort is close to non-existent.
The general Lithuania passport photo requirements are as follows:
- The required size of the photo: 45 mm in height and 35 mm in width
- The picture must be in color
- Head position: keep your head straight
- Recency: must be as recent as 6 months
- Background: white
- Smile: no
- Eyes: must not be obscured
- Do not submit a blurry passport photo
- Glasses: acceptable in certain circumstances
- Headgear: as a general rule, headwear is not permitted. Exceptions are made
- Resolution (pixels): at least 600 dpi
- Attire, clothing, dress code: wear clothes in contrast with the background
- Beard: allowed as long as it represents your everyday likeness
- Number of photos necessary for the application: 2
Lithuania Passport Photos and Visa Photo Requirements – Rules, Guidelines, and Specifications
If you find the list of Lithuania passport photo requirements above unsatisfactory, we provide further information below. It is essential that you know as much as possible about the conditions so that you can enjoy a successful passport application process. After all, an improper passport photo is one of the leading causes of rejection.
- Since you need to take your passport photo against a white background, the best possible solution is to find a white wall in your house. It must not have shadows or patterns either. If you do not have such a wall, take a white sheet and hang it on a wall. As long as the cloth is not see-through, you are good to go.
- To achieve the best possible angle, you should position the camera at eye level. All your facial features must be perfectly visible. Since both sides of your face must be equally seeable, do not submit a portrait-style photo. It will be rejected. You should not tilt or rotate your head in any direction, either.
- Do not smile when you take your passport photo or visa photo. You cannot frown, squint, or raise your brows neither. The only acceptable facial expression in a passport photo or visa photo is neutral.
- You are requested to look straight into the camera when you take your passport photo or visa photo. That way, your eyes are perfectly visible. They must not be covered by anything, such as your hair or glasses. If you do have glasses on, you have to avoid glare in the picture. Sunglasses and tinted lenses are prohibited in a passport photo or visa photo.
- The light must not be too bright or too dark. You should choose a source that is in front of you when you take your photo so that there are no shadows on your face. Shadows can distort your facial features.
- Headwear, as a rule, is not permitted in a passport photo or visa photo. However, it is well known that some people are bound by their religious beliefs to keep their heads covered at all times. If you happen to be among them, keep the headwear, but make sure that your face is seeable from the bottom of your chin to the top of your forehead. The veil should not create shadows on your face either.
- If your beard is a part of your everyday look, you do not have to shave it before you take your passport photo or visa photo.
Rules and Requirements for Babies, Infants, and Newborn Passport and Visa Photos
Do you want to take your children on your trip? Then they need travel documents as well. You can take their pictures with MyPassportPhotos as well, and the tips below should be of help. You should know that a child’s passport photo is no different from an adult’s passport photo other than the fact that a child’s head can take less space in the picture.
- Your child must be awake during the photo shoot.
- When taking the passport photo of your baby in a car seat, cover the backrest with a white cloth so that the white background rule is met.
- If you take the picture of your baby in the lying down position, put a white layer underneath to achieve the required white background.
- If your baby has headwear or a pacifier, please remove them before taking the passport photo.
- Remember that not even your hands can appear in the shot if you decide to hold the baby during the photoshoot.
Price and Cost
When you go to a photo studio to have your picture taken by a professional, you will spend quite a lot of money. That is not the case with MyPassportPhotos. For a Lithuania passport, you will be required to submit 2 passport photos, and we can give them to you for a low fee of $5.99. In Euros, that is about 5.50. The actual price depends on the exchange rate on the day you place your order.
How to get Lithuania Passport Photos or Lithuania Visa Photos Online
Using the services rendered by MyPassportPhotos is not a challenge. In fact, you should be done in just a few minutes. All you need is a decent camera, and the one from your smartphone or tablet should do just fine.
Utilizing the camera, you must take your picture. Just remember to keep in mind all the rules and guidelines we talked about above. When you are satisfied with your photo, you must submit it to MyPassportPhotos via e-mail or direct upload on the website. We will then process it so that you end up with a government-compliant passport photo. Once we do that, you will receive two options:
- 1.You can download the picture so that you can print it yourself at home. Photo-quality paper is necessary in that case.
- 2.You can give us your address, and we will send you the photos.
For further information, do not hesitate to contact MyPassportPhotos’ customer support.
Example of a correct photo