Do you plan on getting out of Fiji anytime soon? Then you may need a Fiji passport. All you must do is gather some documents, fill in an application, and that is pretty much it. You will also need a set of two passport photos, and MyPassportPhotos can help you get them in no time with little to no effort.
Before you start planning your trip, you should also check whteher you need a visa, in which case iVisa.com may be able to help you. If you qualify for an electronic visa, iVisa can help you apply for it online so that you can avoid a trip to the embassy.
- Required photo size: 45 mm in height and 35 mm in width
- The photo you submit must be in color
- Head size and position: keep your head straight
- Recency: must be as recent as 6 months
- Background: white
- Smile: no
- Eyes: must be clearly visible
- Your ears should appear in the photo
- The picture must not be blurry
- Glasses: only acceptable if they do not cover your eyes
- Headgear: as a rule, no. Exceptions are made for religious purposes
- Dimensions and size (pixels): at least 600 dpi
- Attire, clothing, dress code: avoid white clothes
- Beard: it is allowed only if it reflects your everyday look
- Quantity needed in application: 2
Fiji Passport Photos and Visa Photo Requirements – Rules, Guidelines, and Specifications
Some of the Fiji passport photo requirements above may need more explanation, and that is precisely what we provided below. An improper passport photo is a common cause of passport application rejection, and we do not want you to waste your time. Here are a few more things you should know.
- As far as the background is concerned, it has to be plain white. No colors, no patterns, and no shadows. You can use a white wall inside your house. However, if you do not have one, you can use a white sheet as a prop. It works just as well as a wall.
- For the best possible photo angle, you should position your camera at eye level. You want to capture all sides of your face equally. When taking your passport photo, you must not tilt or rotate your head in any direction. Portrait-style images are not acceptable.
- When taking your passport photo or visa photo, please refrain from smiling or making any facial expressions other than neutral. The picture will be rejected otherwise. Relax your face when you snap the photo.
- Your eyes should look straight into the camera. Nothing can obscure them. If you wear glasses, make sure that there is no flash reflection and that the frames do not cover your eyes. Also, you are not allowed to appear with sunglasses or prescription glasses with tinted lenses in your passport photo or visa photo.
- The light in the environment where you want to take your picture must have the proper intensity. It cannot be too light or too dark. Also, it is preferable that the source of light is in front of you when you take the picture so that there are no shadows on your face.
- Headwear is acceptable, but ONLY for religious purposes. Even so, you have to make sure that your face is visible from the top of your forehead to the bottom of your chin and from ear to ear. The veil must not cast shadows on your face. You cannot wear a hat or a scarf just because you want to.
- If a beard is a part of your everyday likeness, you are not required to shave it before taking your passport photo or visa photo.
Rules and Requirements for Babies, Infants, and Newborn Passport and Visa Photos
These days, children must have their own travel documents no matter how young they are, including newborns. That is why you must take their passport photo and visa photo as well. You can do that with MyPassportPhotos. Just follow the tips below.
- A child’s head can occupy less space in a passport photo than the head of an adult. Children have, after all, smaller heads.
- Please capture the photo of your child when he/she is awake.
- When you take a picture of a child while he/she is sitting in a car seat, remember to place a white layer on the backrest.
- If you decide to take the passport photo of your baby from above while he/she is lying down, you need to place a white sheet or blanket underneath the baby to achieve a white background.
- If your baby has a pacifier or a hat, please remove it for the shot.
- If you want to hold the baby, make sure that only the baby appears in the passport photo or visa photo. Not even your hands can appear in the picture.
Getting your passport and visa photos online with MyPassportPhotos is a lot more convenient than going to a photo studio. But did you know that it is also a lot cheaper? For a Fiji passport, a set of 2 passport photos is required, and MyPassportPhotos is prepared to get them for you for only $5.99. That amount is the approximate equivalent of 13.25 FJD, depending on the exchange rate on the day you want to place the order. Cheap, right?
How to get Fiji Passport Photos or Fiji Visa Photos Online
All you need to get your passport photos with MyPassportPhotos is a camera and a few minutes of your time. You are free to use a phone or a tablet, whichever has a decent camera. However, you have to be careful and follow the guidelines we mentioned above when you take your picture. If you do not like the first photo you take, no problem. You can try again, and MyPassportPhotos will not charge you an extra fee.
After you get a picture you are satisfied with, you can submit it for processing. MyPassportPhotos’ job is to make that picture 100% government compliant. After we do that, we will give you two options:
1.You can download the photo, in which case you have to print it yourself on photo-quality paper.
2.You can give us your address, and we will mail the passport photos to you.
If you have more questions regarding MyPassportPhotos and our service, please feel free to contact our customer support service.
Example of a correct photo