Getting a Cuban passport is not a complicated task. You have to fill in a form, put together some required documents, and then submit it to the issuing authority. One of the requirements is that you provide 2 passport photos. If you decide to use the services of MyPassportPhotos, you no longer need to go to a photo studio to have your picture taken, but you can do that at home instead.
Since international travel is what interests you, you may want to look into iVisa.com. That way, if you learn that you are eligible for an electronic visa, iVisa can facilitate the online application process for you so that you do not go through too much trouble.
- Required photo size: 2 inches in height and 2 inches in width
- The photo you submit must be in color
- Head size and position: keep your head straight to the camera
- Recency: must be as recent as 6 months
- Background: white
- Smile: no
- Eyes: must be clearly visible
- Your ears should appear in the photo
- The picture must not be blurry
- Glasses: only acceptable if they do not obstruct your eyes
- Headgear: as a rule, no. Exceptions are possible for religious purposes
- Dimensions and size (pixels): at least 600 dpi
- Attire, clothing, dress code: avoid white clothes
- Beard: it is allowed only if it reflects your everyday look
- Quantity needed in application: 2
Cuban Passport Photo and Visa Photo Requirements – Rules, Guidelines, and Specifications
If you feel like the Cuban passport photo requirements listed above are not detailed enough, below you will find more relevant information regarding a few of them. It is common knowledge that an inadequate passport photo can end up in the rejection of the entire application, and we do not want you to go through that.
- Like almost all passport photos, the one for the Cuban passport must be taken against a white background. It cannot have any colors, shadows, or patterns on it. If you do not have a white wall at your disposal, you can use a white sheet and hang it on a wall for the ideal setting.
- The camera is best positioned at eye level. That is how all your facial features are perfectly revealed. Since both sides of your face must be visible equally, do not tilt or rotate your head in any direction. As you can imagine, portrait-style pictures are not accepted.
- The only accepted facial expression in a passport photo or visa photo is neutral. To achieve that, relax your face when taking the picture. You cannot appear smiling, frowning, or doing anything else with your face.
- The eyes should always look straight into the camera. It is important that they are not covered by hair or glasses. You can keep your glasses for the photo, but only if the frames are not too large and they do not create glare. Sunglasses are prohibited in a passport photo or visa photo, and so are glasses with tinted lenses.
- The lighting can play tricks sometimes, which is why the source of light must be right in front of you when you take the passport photo. That way, there are no shadows on your face. At the same time, choose an environment where the light is neither too bright nor too dark.
- As a general rule, you cannot wear anything on your head when you take your passport photo/visa photo. Nevertheless, if your religion dictates that you must keep your head covered at all times, you get a free pass. But please be advised that your face still needs to be visible from the bottom of your chin to the top of your forehead and from ear to ear. Your headwear is not supposed to cast shadows on your face, either.
- Your beard can appear in your passport/visa photo, but only if that is your everyday look.
Rules and Requirements for Babies, Infants, and Newborn Passport and Visa Photos
It does not matter how young a child is. The rule is that everyone needs their own passport or visa, and children are no exception. Consequently, if you plan on taking them along on your trip, you have to take their picture as well. The tips below should be of some help.
- There are no significant differences between a child’s and an adult’s passport photo or visa photo, other than the fact that a child’s head can occupy less space in the picture.
- The child must be awake during the photoshoot.
- Only the child can appear in the photo, so if you want to hold your baby, your hands cannot be visible in the picture.
- If you want to photograph your child in a car seat, like many people do, remember to place a white sheet on the backrest.
- A lot of people choose to take the passport photo while their child is lying on his/her back. If you want to do that too, remember to place the child on a white sheet or blanket.
- If the baby has a hat and/or pacifier, do not forget to remove them before taking the picture.
Have you ever used a photo studio to get you passport photos or visa photos? If you have, then you know that a professional photographer is not the cheapest. However, with MyPassportPhotos, you will spend only a small amount of money. For a Cuban passport, you need 2 passport photos, and with MyPassportPhotos, you can get them for only $5.99, which is 5.99 CUC. Cheap, right?
How to get Cuban Passport Photos or Visa Photos Online
Getting your passport photos online may not be as easy and carefree as going to a photo studio, but it is definitely cheaper and more convenient. Here is what you have to do. Using a camera from a phone or tablet, take your picture. However, be careful to follow all the guidelines we talked about above. You can take as many pictures as you want until you get a satisfactory one. MyPassportPhotos does not charge for additional attempts.
Once you have a photo you love, you must submit it so that MyPassportPhotos can process it according to government rules. That way, you get a set of passport photos that are 100% government compliant. When we are done, you get two options. You can download the photos to print them yourself on photo-quality paper, or you can give us an address and we will mail the pictures to you. It cannot get any simpler than that.
Do you have any questions? MyPassportPhotos’ customer support service is at your disposal.
Example of a correct photo