A Croatian passport is accessible to obtain as long as you procure the proper documentation. You have to submit a few documents at the issuing authority, together with a completed application form and 2 passport photos. MyPassportPhotos cannot help you with the documents, but we can help you get the passport photos without having to go to a professional photo studio. You can take your picture at home instead, and we will teach you how.
Since you are getting a Croatian passport, it is safe to assume that you want to go abroad. You should check out iVisa.com before you start planning your trip. If you are eligible for an electronic visa, iVisa can help you with the online application process so that you do not make too much of an effort.
- Required photo size: 45 mm in height and 35 mm in width. The face should occupy about 70-80% of the photo’s surface.
- The photo you submit must be in color
- Head size and position: keep your head straight to the camera
- Recency: must be as recent as 6 months
- Background: white
- Smile: no
- Eyes: must be clearly visible
- Your ears should appear in the photo
- The picture must not be blurry
- Glasses: only acceptable if they do not obstruct your eyes
- Headgear: as a rule, no. Exceptions are possible for religious purposes
- Dimensions and size (pixels): at least 600 dpi
- Attire, clothing, dress code: avoid white clothes
- Beard: it is allowed only if it reflects your everyday look
- Quantity needed in application: 2
Croatia Passport Photos and Visa Photo Requirements – Rules, Guidelines, and Specifications
In case the Croatian passport photo requirements above leave room for interpretation, we decided to offer further explanations regarding a few of them. You may not know this, but an inappropriate photo can lead to rejection, and you do not want to waste your time with that.
- The background of your passport photo or visa photo must always be white. You can use a white wall in your house as an ideal setting. In case you do not have such a wall in your home, you can hang a white sheet on the wall. Remember that it cannot have colors, patterns, or shadows on it.
- The camera must be positioned at eye level. It ensures the best possible angle so that your entire face is perfectly visible. Since both sides of your face must appear equally in the photo, you cannot tilt or rotate your head at any angle. Portrait-style pictures will be rejected.
- The only acceptable facial expression in a passport photo or a visa photo is neutral. You cannot appear smiling, frowning, or raising your brows. Just relax your face when taking the picture to achieve a neutral expression.
- When taking the photo for your passport or visa, you need to look straight into the camera. Your eyes must not be covered by your hair or glasses. If you do wear glasses, make sure that there is no glare in the picture. Sunglasses and glasses with tinted lenses are prohibited when taking your photo, so take them off.
- The lighting plays an essential role in any picture, especially a passport photo or visa photo. You must choose an environment where it is not too bright or too dark. Otherwise, your facial features may be distorted. You should make sure that the source is in front of you so that there will be no shadows on your face.
- Headwear is not permitted in a passport photo or visa photo. Nevertheless, an exception can be made for people who cover their heads for religious purposes. But even then, the headwear must not create shadows on your face, and your face has to be visible from the top of your forehead to the bottom of your chin.
- If you usually have a beard, you can keep it for the passport photo. However, any changes you may want to make regarding your beard must be made before taking the picture.
Rules and Requirements for Babies, Infants, and Newborn Passport and Visa Photos
If you plan on traveling with your child, you should know that children of all ages must have their own individual passport/visa. So, you need to take a picture of your child/ren as well. The tips below should be of assistance.
- The passport photo of an adult is not that much different from the passport photo of a child, except that a child’s head can occupy less than 70% of the picture. After all, children’s heads are smaller.
- If you want to take a picture of your child in a car seat, like many parents do, do not forget to put a white sheet on the chair’s backrest.
- When a baby is lying on his/her back and you want to take the passport photo from above, make sure that the baby has a white sheet underneath.
- Take the photograph when the child is awake.
- If the baby wears a hat or a pacifier, remove them for the picture.
It can be quite expensive to go to a photo studio and have a professional take your passport photos or visa photos, which is why we think that you will love the offer made by MyPassportPhotos. For a Croatian passport, you need a set of two pictures, and we can provide them to you for only $5.99, which is the equivalent of about 41 HRK, depending on the exchange rate on the day you want to use the services provided by MyPassportPhotos.
How to get Croatian Passport Photos or Visa Photos Online
Have you decided to give MyPassportPhotos a try? Here is what you have to do. Using a camera from a phone or tablet, take your picture following the rules and guidelines we stated above. It is okay if you do not get it on the first try. MyPassportPhotos allows you to make as many attempts as necessary until you get a passport photo you love. Free of charge.
Once you have a picture you are satisfied with, you can submit it, and MyPassportPhotos will process it. We make sure that the photo is 100% government compliant. Then, you are given two options. Option number one is that you download the processed image and print it yourself, in which case, make sure to have photo-quality paper at hand. Option number two is that you provide us with your address, and we will send the photos to the address you specified. It is as simple as that.
Do you need more information? Do not hesitate to contact MyPassportPhotos’ customer support service.
Example of a correct photo