When you get ready to apply for a Cameroon passport, you have to make sure that you have at hand the required documentation. You will notice that you also need a set of 4 passport photos, and MyPassportPhotos is here to help you get them with minimal effort. Instead of going to a photo studio to get them, you can take a picture at home, and we will process it so that it is ready for submission.
It is safe to assume that sine you want a Cameroon passport, you want to travel internationally. Depending on the country you want to go to, you may be eligible for an electronic visa. Take a look at iVisa.com. They can help you find out if that is the case, and if you do qualify for an eVisa, iVisa can help you with the application process.
- Size: 50 mm in height and 40 mm in width
- The photo you submit must be in color
- Head size and position: the head must be straight and facing the camera
- Recency: no older than 6 months
- Background: white
- Smile: no
- Eyes: must be clearly visible
- Your ears should appear in the shot
- Make sure that the photo is not blurry
- Glasses: only if they do not distort your facial features
- Headgear: accepted only for religious purposes
- Dimensions and size (pixels): at least 600 dpi
- Attire, clothing, dress code: in contrast with the background
- Beard: only if it represents your everyday appearance
- Quantity needed in application: 4
Cameroon Passport Photos and Visa Photo Requirements – Rules, Guidelines, and Specifications
While the Cameroon passport photo requirements listed above are quite clear, we think that more information is necessary. You may not know this, but many passport applications are rejected because applicants submit improper passport photos. That is why it is best if you keep yourself informed to not put yourself in that situation.
- Choose the setting in which you want to take the photo carefully. The background of your passport photo has to be white, so against a white wall is ideal. If you lack such a wall in your house, you can use a white sheet. Hang it on the wall, and you should achieve the best possible result. Colors, patterns, or shadows have no place in a valid passport photo or visa photo.
- The position of your head in the passport photo is crucial. Portrait-style pictures will be rejected. You have to put the camera in front of you at eye level. Keep your head square to the camera so that both sides of your face are equally visible. Do not tilt or rotate your head when you take the picture.
- When taking your passport photo, relax your face so that your expression is neutral. You cannot smile, frown, squint, or raise your brows.
- Your eyes must be clearly visible in your passport photo. Nothing can obstruct them. If you have glasses, make sure that the frames do not cover your eyes. The lenses can create glare, so be careful about that too. In your passport photo, you cannot appear with sunglasses on. Glasses with tinted lenses are also prohibited.
- If inadequate, the lighting can alter some of your facial features by creating shadows on your face. Make sure that the source of light is in front of you and is neither too bright nor too dark.
- As a general rule, you cannot appear in your passport photo with your head covered. Nevertheless, if your religious beliefs prevent you from keeping your head uncovered, you are allowed to keep your headwear when you take the passport photo. Even then, you have to make sure that your face is visible from ear to ear and from the top of your forehead to the bottom of your chin.
- If a beard is a part of your everyday look, you are allowed to keep it for your passport photo or visa photo.
Rules and Requirements for Babies, Infants, and Newborn Passport and Visa Photos
Traveling with children means that you have to obtain a passport and visa for them as well. Taking their picture at home is entirely possible, although it may be a bit more complicated. Below you will find some useful tips that will help you take the perfect passport photo of your children.
- The car seat method is quite efficient. However, if you photograph your child in a car seat, remember to put a white sheet on the backrest.
- If you have a newborn, it would be best if you take the picture when he/she is lying on the back. You can take the photo from above. Just remember to place the baby on a white sheet or blanket.
- Remove the baby’s headwear and pacifier before taking the shot.
- Children should be awake when you take their photo.
- Remember that only the child can be seen in the photos. If you choose to hold him/her, your hands must not be visible.
If you have ever gotten passport photos or visa photos from a professional photo studio, then you are well aware of the fact that they can be expensive. When you decide to get the passport photos you need online with MyPassportPhotos, you will not have that problem. For a Cameroon passport, you need a set of 4 photos, and we can process them for you for only $8.99, which is the approximate equivalent of 5,464 XAF. Chances are that you will not find a better offer.
How to get Cameroon Passport Photos or Cameroon Visa Photos Online
The process of getting your passport photos or visa photos online with MyPassportPhotos should run as smoothly as possible. All you need is a phone or tablet with a decent camera. Take the picture, making sure that you follow all the guidelines we talked about above. If you are not happy with the shot, you can repeat it. MyPassportPhotos allows you to take as many photos as you need, free of charge, until you get the right one. When that happens, submit it, and we will process it. Then, you can download it to print it yourself, or we can send it to your home address. However, if you decide to print the passport photos yourself, make sure to have photo-quality paper.
Do you have any concerns or questions regarding the services provided by MyPassportPhotos? Please let us know. Our customer support can answer all of your concerns.
Example of a correct photo